Friday, July 28, 2006

Mystery Stole, Clue 3

Yikes! Time is flying! Clue 4 was posted this morning, (looking much like the last two). I hadn't even taken a picture of the MS2 with clue 3 finished yet, so here's another hasty photo taken this morning. I really like how it is turning out.

Melanie has done a wonderful job of designing this shawl, and I believe she could be elevated to sainthood for being the list mom...

From my grumpy self this morning: It seems that a lot of people who are absolute beginners at lace knitting signed up for this KAL project, and to be fair, many of them are cooking right along. First off, they are more brave than me - if I am going to learn a brand new technique, I usually like to see what I'm getting into first. Is it a gentle day hike, or is it Everest? I'm not too far from being a beginning lace knitter myself, and I appreciate the learning curve.

A few of these folks, however, are definitely not intrepid knitters, and the same questions, whining, wailing, and gnashing of teeth appear over and over and OVER again. Aaarrrgggghhhhh! It's gotten so that I seldom read the posts; I just log in and and get the clue. I love to share what I have learned so far to anyone who wants to know. It is an honor to give to someone else what I have received from other knitters: we preserve and enhance our craft. However, I also think folks need to read directions, look it up, and make some reasonable attempt to figure things out for themselves. If you can't knit two together and make a yarn over and no amount of list help seems to make you understand, FIND ANOTHER PROJECT, ALREADY!!

I'm just saying.

No comments: