Friday, April 13, 2007

New Baby

Happy Friday 13!

Here's the news: I am the proud keeper of this marvelous wee wheel. My friend Janet King, who took this picture, put it up for sale at our local group's web site (the Frog Pond) a couple of weeks ago. I thought it was a wonderful buy, but there are several new spinners in our lovely group who don't have wheels. I wanted to make sure they got first dibs before I glommed on to this beauty.

Aubrey had her eye on it, but in the end she chose a beautiful hand-painted Ashford wheel. You should have seen Aubrey spinning on the wheel she wound up buying. It looked as if she had been spinning on it all her life.

This little baby is tiny, and more portable even than my folding Lendrum (certainly a lot lighter!). The wheel is a mere 15 inches in diameter, and it only measures 28 inches to the top of the flyer. Janet thinks it might have been made for a child. Though petite, I don't think this is a beginner wheel, mainly because the treadle is steep. I seem to have taken to it well though, even with my tall frame (child at heart?!).


Now off to play and to name the little tyke....

2 comments:

MUDNYC said...

OH yay! Congrats! I can't wait to see Aubrey on her wheel, too!!!

Just myself. said...

Hooray! I've been spinning nonstop on my wheel since I brought it home. I'm already through what I had started on my spindle and almost have another 1.5 oz of Shetland I bought from Vicki sometime earlier in the year spun up too. I'm definitely happy I made the move to buy a wheel!