Sunday, April 15, 2007

Meet Hazel.


Please allow me to introduce you to Hazel. She is posing here with my friend Michelle (middle) and Mr. and Mrs. Jaeger, the Jensen dealers. Hazel is my gorgeous new Jensen D-30 production wheel. She us the big sister to Inez, my Lendrum (who is feeling a tad jealous right now).

I fell in love with Hazel on Friday at the
Fiber Event in Greencastle, Indiana. She is all elegant cherry wood, and she spins with an effortless grace heretofore unknown to me. Hazel is a "mirror image" wheel (right flyer for us Southpaws). Her distaff is charming (and keeps roving out of the inquisitive paws of Oliver).
I had been longing for a production wheel for some time, and after I spun on this wheel, I couldn't get her out of my mind. When I talked it over with my DH on Friday night, and he told me, "go for it!" I weakly suggested to Michelle that she should talk me out of it. Instead, Michelle informed me that Hazel would certainly fit in the back seat of her car - and backed it up by rising at the crack of dawn to drive me back to Greencastle to buy her.
Though the weather was brutal - snow, sleet and wind - we had fun shopping for another three hours, then, loading Hazel into the back seat of Michelle's auto (where she fit nicely), we headed for home.
Tomorrow: all the other wonderful things from the Fiber Event.

9 comments:

MUDNYC said...

YAY! She's beautiful! And so right for you.

Anonymous said...

You have been a very bad girl while I've been gone!!! I love it! Two more wheels. Both gorgeous. I'm glad you got Janet's cabriole. It is such a gorgeous wheel. It beserved a lovely home. And hazel, ah Hazel...

Anonymous said...

Shoot anonymous is me:-0 I forgot to sign!
Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

She's a drop dead beauty!
what a wonderful addition to your family.

Barb said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful.

Vicki said...

What a beautiful wheel! Can't wait to see it up close and in person. Congrats on the new addition to the family!

Joanne said...

Wow! It's gorgeous. Use it in good health! I'm jealous, though I hardly know what to do with all the wheels I have. (not enough hours in the day!)

Julie said...

lovely! I bought the Ashley from them on Saturday (aren't they lovely people?), and I'm still high. :o) The weather was awful, but the show was fun!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's a gorgeous wheel!!