Wednesday, April 11, 2007

In like a lion...


I know, I know, it's March that is supposed to come in like like a lion, and here it is April! This is what it looked like outside my door this morning. Perhaps we should revise those old weather axioms...
I spent the morning at Kiva. If you haven't heard of it yet, Kiva is a non-profit organization which lets you connect with and loan money to unique small businesses in the developing world. It has been featured on PBS and in the New York Times, along with other media coverage. For as little as 25 bucks, you too can become a "world bank" for those in need. The loan rate of return of your money is very high - pretty much 100% - though I would consider that if my investment wound up being a donation, it would still be a good deed indeed. Can't you just imagine what the result would be if every person who was able to loan a few bucks - did?
On the hand front,
Still unable to knit, and typing is slow. I have some spinning news to share tomorrow. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jess, I'm finally catching up on some reading and enjoying your blog. I'm curious re: your experience with Kiva. I have heard and read some about it and it sounds amazing.
carol